Jim has been a Realtor in the Seattle area since 2001. His communication… more...
As cities and neighborhoods grow and change their demographics can alter drastically. Much of the information on the links below comes from the 2000 Census data. While the general picture is likely accurate, exact numbers will certainly have changed. Demographic information and statistics can of course be helpful but there is no substitute for touring an area and taking its pulse for yourself. We are happy to help you get to know every neighborhood that interests you.
When helping you find a home, we as Realtors are prohibited from “steering” you to a specific neighborhood. However we are constantly asked by clients new to the area to help them find a “nice, safe place” to live. One of the things we CAN do, is point you to resources where you can evaluate these subjective characteristics. We strongly recommend that you investigate a neighborhood to your satisfaction before purchasing a home there. Here are some resources to help you.
- City of Seattle – My Neighborhood online Map, Information and Statistics
- City of Seattle – Seattle Police Department Crime Data
- City of Seattle – Seattle Population and Demographics
- Sustainable Seattle – Neighborhood Partners
- King County Census Data: General Info
- King County Census Data: Demographics and Quick Facts
- King County Crime Statistics – Sheriff’s Office
- King County Sex Offender Search